- The Tarn -- personal resilience mapping, spiritual house cleaning, making space, personal readiness for the next stage you are creating.
- The Taproot -- strengthened internal and external support and resources, for a deep and rich life and being amazing in relationships.
- Bellwether -- human resilient leadership development, in service of life for making a powerful difference around us.
For individuals and couples.
This is resilience training unlike that found anywhere else. Grounded in systems thinking and somatic understanding, this unique practice has been developed, honed and used over 30 years of highly challenging conditions and real-life testing. It is a tool and a lens to equip you to face crisis, trauma, transition or change with serenity and inner strength. Every next level of your life will require a different you. More than support into action and through obstacles, this is support through transition and into the new way of experiencing your life.
Today, “normative” breakdowns in mental and emotional health adversely affect productivity, motivation, judgment, and job satisfaction. Resilience training creates a new basis:
- how you handle times of intensity and crisis, or pain
- how well you integrate what you learn
- how quickly you recover.
Training in new tools and skills, a listening ear, a caring heart and a bright mind tuned to your deep well-being. You will come out changed, and like who you are being.
Words from others:
- "YOU! Your demeanor, your calmness, your openness and fun, your thinking outside the box, you have such an ease and relatability that makes it so easy to work with you. The way that you describe things, and me, it’s as if you were seeing the best in me already unfolded in your mind."
- "It used to be like a squirrel in a cage. It has slowed down. My thoughts are more clear and defined, not so muddled. I feel myself in moments breathing now where before I didn’t. I set more boundaries, give myself more space, don’t take shit the way I would have before. I did not love that time in my life before this. Now I have people who are loyal, respectful of my time, of me, and it has completely changed my whole life. I grew so people changed toward me."
"My goal for working with Lorca as my coach was to sharpen my focus and validate my decision to leave my 20+ year software development career. She didn't do this. Instead, she guided me away from my "just get 'er done" instincts and compartmentalized goal setting, towards a calm and unfamiliar place. A place where I could notice and feel, and release the underlying anxieties I tried to hide, even from myself. A place where I could stop pleasing others at my expense and start living an authentic, creative, and well integrated life.
Lorca gave me what I never knew to ask for and couldn't see I needed. I am grateful."
Amy A., Food & Wine Educator and Health Advocate
Lorca Smetana is an award-winning teacher and human resilience expert, helping leaders, teams and agencies have present capacity and be future-ready. She provides training in resilience mapping, future design, emotional intelligence and personal leadership development so that humans and their organizations can be robust and agile in the face of change.
“Paramedics are expertly trained in the craft of saving lives. We are expected to perform tasks at the highest possible caliber in challenging environments at some of the worst moments of people’s lives. What is fundamentally missing from our profession is the acknowledgement of what we are not prepared or supported for. For over a decade I have provided care for others in the context of crisis. On ambulances, in homes, hospitals and now by helicopter I have welcomed new life, fought to save it and held its hand as it leaves. I was introduced to Lorca following the death of my close friend and co-worker who died in a helicopter crash. This experience provided the catalyst to meet with Lorca under a banner of tragedy and heartbreak. Even in this state it was quickly apparent to me that she was capable of coaching so much more than the immediate situation of processing his death and climbing back in a helicopter. Lorca has helped expand my personal “scope of practice”, igniting my gifts as an educator, speaker and leader.
Relevance is a key component when seeking advice of any kind. You wouldn’t ask a banker for baking advice, just as you wouldn’t seek counsel from a coach who had no frame of reference to your field. Lorca’s experience as a young adventurer, facing death at a young age and her lifelong pursuit of living with honor makes her relevant to my kind. She has a commitment to coach and support rescuers and crisis responders of all kinds. If you are here, trust your gut, you are ready for your reality and career to morph and grow. Have fun!